In the heart of these protected natural sites, more than 100 km of trails marked “Espace Trail” Forcalquier – Lure Mountain await you.
It’s a trail running lover’s paradise!
The Mediterranean climate of the Forcalquier Lure mountain area makes it a year-round destination.
- In spring, nature awakens and displays its most beautiful colours! Singletracks add a playful side to your trips.
- In the Summer, set off at sunrise to reach the peak of the Lure Mountain ! Meet chamois on your way, cross fields of wild lavender in bloom, follow through ups and downs at your own pace. It is a physical challenge to contemplate the unique landscapes narrated by the writer Jean Giono. It is the perfect season to run and enjoy natural perfumes and also local specialities!
- Autumn is an Indian Summer ! Temperatures are mild and colors blazing ! The Lure Mountain – a UNESCO Protected Site – is sublime. Nature is asleep, beech leaves lay on the ground and give the air of a Canadian postcard: a guaranteed change of scenery!
- In winter, run accompanied by the warmth of the sun and the bright blue sky. Go between nature and the hilltop villages, to meet the inhabitants and to try a local drink in a “Bistrot de Pays”: one of the best natural therapies for the body and mind ! It is also about putting your feet in the snow to enjoy a little white trail and offering yourself an invigorating treatment at the Spa in the middle of the afternoon!
From the hills of Forcalquier region to the ridges of Lure mountain, the variety of land, the beauty and diversity of the landscapes offer multiple possibilities for trail runner !
Sportsmen or novices, competitors in search of challenges and thrills or simply curious to discover the discipline in complete freedom, there is always a trail for you !
Forcalquier – Lure mountain trail area ( Espace Trail )
Forcalquier – Lure mountain trail area – suitable for all, offers 6 trail paths including 1 urban trail path : a total of 92 km of trail paths with 3465 meters of uphill for you to run free everyday under the Haute Provence sun:
– 4 trails starting from Forcalquier including 1 urban run trail in the heart of the County town.
– 2 more mountainous trails from the Lure resort (Station de Lure), located in the heart of an exceptional heritage (Luberon-Lure Biosphere Reserve, Natura 2000, Espace Naturel Sensible).
The “unexpected” golden nugget is the trail route on the wild ridges of the Lure Mountain, a playful trail with a 360-degree view of the Forcalquier Region: it’s a “must”!
La pépite « unexpected » c’est l’itinéraire trail sur les crêtes sauvages de la montagne de Lure, un sentier ludique avec une vue à 360° sur le Pays de Forcalquier : le must !
Find the roadbooks and gpx tracks downloadable on https://espacestrail.run/fr/forcalquier-lure
Trail de Haute Provence, key event of the year, proves that our territory is an exceptional playground. It offers itineraries suitable for all, from the children’s trail to the ultra trail of 150 km for the most experienced !
THP Running UP 15, 15 km on the road with 930 meters uphill. A straight climb to go on the Lure mountain by road from the town of Saint-Etienne-les-Orgues.
THP running is : a superb sporting challenge, a concentrate of Haute Provence, breathtaking landscapes, the quintessence of the road and nature, climbing the Lure mountain at breakneck speed while enjoying the captivating colors of the Indian summer on the oak and beech groves which will never cease to accompany you to the summit.
The road will be completely closed for your safety and to fully enjoy your performance.
Trail camp and competition preparation.
Want to improve, prepare for an event, or simply share the pleasure of trail running ?
Spend exceptional days in the heart of Provence, discovering the most beautiful panoramas of the Luberon and next to the Lure Mountain.
From the accommodation to the restaurants, in the hands of professionals, everything has been thought out and adapted to the specifics of trail running.